This qualification is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in a workshop, classroom or other training environment other than assessing competence in a work environment This qualification is designed for those aged 19 years or older and supports personal employability and the journey to becoming a qualified vocational assessor. The units contained in this qualification cover all the skills and knowledge required for this role. The prerequisite to enrol on this course requires a full competence in the vocational subject area that you will be assessing and access to a cohort of learners, to ensure that you can gather required evidence of real assessments. Learners are required to be 19-year-old +.
Primary outcomes The course content of the VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement lays down a foundation of skills in preparation for learners to enter specific sectors of education and training as a vocational assessor. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of a vocational assessor.
Context: – The Guided Learning Hours for this qualification are published as 84 hours (TQT 150)
Course Duration – Three Month period
The programme includes: – Practical and theoretical preparation for a career as a vocational assessor.
Units covering the principles and practices of assessment, assessing learners’ occupational competence in the workplace and assessing vocational skills, and knowledge and understanding of education and training
- Three sessions held over a two-month period (from registration).
- This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of written evidence and a summative observation*
- The final summative assessment observation will be carried out at the individual’s placement location or by media (if appropriate) * Subject to Government COVID-19 requirements in the learner area
- Tutor support through (Skype/Phone/Teams/Zoom) throughout the three-month period.
- Accessible 1:2:1 Personal designated Tutor
- Electronic Portfolio option – Blended learning activities
- Small group courses