This qualification has been specifically designed for 19+ age groups. The award is designed to equip teachers/trainers and facilitators with a wide range of requisite skills and knowledge required to fulfil a variety of teaching roles.
Primary Outcome The course delivers preparation, planning and basic course design. The course delivery provides coaching and guidance for individuals to gain practical teaching delivery skills and participate in microteaching sessions. Evaluation skills and techniques form part of the course content. This qualification provides a sound introduction to teaching/training and is suitable for both experienced practitioners who would like to secure a professionally recognised qualification as well as those new to teaching.
Context: – The Guided Learning Hours for this qualification are published as 48-61 hours
Course Duration – Three Month period
The programme includes: – Practical and theoretical preparation for a career in Education and Training. The one mandatory unit covers Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training is accompanied by a choice of optional units to make up the 12 credits.
- Three sessions held over a two-month period (from registration).
- This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of written evidence and a summative observation*
- The final summative assessment observation will be carried out at the individual’s placement location or by media (if appropriate) * Subject to Government COVID-19 requirements in the learner area
- Tutor support through (Skype/Phone/Teams/Zoom) throughout the three-month period.
- Accessible 1:2:1 Personal designated Tutor
- Electronic Portfolio option – Blended learning activities
- Small group courses
£595.00 per candidate
Additional registration cost of £56.00