We are delighted to announce our new internship scheme: the first private training college to do so. Many students who qualify with us have trained from complete beginner-level, and still require clinical experience to secure a job in aesthetics. It will also help develop confidence – there is nothing like a busy working day at a clinic to get rid of nerves and solidify your skills – but the internship scheme makes the experience less daunting, as we are on hand to help.
The internship will include daily assistance from our own experienced therapists and directors. Before every treatment, the plan for the client will be discussed with the senior staff, so our students understand completely why the treatment has been chosen and assist with machine settings.
We feel that this is what is missing in the industry: an intermediary stage where students gain work experience and knowledge of the workings of a clinic, without the shock of being ‘thrown in at the deep end’ and the panic/mistakes that this can lead to. We foresee that this extra knowledge and assistance will ensure that the aesthetic therapists going into the industry are to the highest standard: the Skin Philosophy standard.
The intership will only be awarded to the students that have the highest standard in appearance, client care, treatment and course work in the classes. Requirements include:
– Candidate must have finished and passed the ‘Become a Skin Therapist’ or ‘Become an Aesthetic Therapist’ with us.
– Candidate must be willing to work weekends and evenings.
– Good attitude, attention to details, and eager to learn & work hard.
– The internship duration is a minimum of 3 months.
– The company will provide a complete evaluation of the intern’s performance at the end of the internship.
*Please note this is a paid position, but you will be on basic wages until you gain experience