The Level 4 Chemical peel course covers all the core knowledge you need for carrying out chemical peels with any of the different acids.
With the vast variety of different peeling agents all having different pH and percentage strengths, different modes of action, methods of application and intended depth of penetration, chemical peeling is a complex skill with considerable risk to the client’s skin.
However if performed correctly, it is a very safe and efficacious remedial skin treatment for a wide variety of conditions including collagen loss and laxity, lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, acne and acne scarring.
Most peeling courses are manufacturer or distributor led and involve little, if any, training in the underpinning science behind the treatments, the peeling agents being used, the action of the peel within the skin or the variants of client adaptation.
We provide you with a comprehensive autonomous training program, which will enable you to choose and work effectively with the correct peeling systems for you and your clients.
Unit 1: Know safety considerations when providing skin peel treatments
- Safety of product and equipment sourcing
- Insurance guidelines
- Hygiene considerations
- Infection control
- Products to be used during treatment
- Suppliers instructions for safe use
- Treatment of minors
- Timing of treatments
- Referring contra-indicated clients
- When to consult with other aesthetic therapists
Unit 2: Understand how to provide skin peel treatments
- Advanced Consultation techniques to identify treatment objectives:
- Treatment advice to provide to the client
- Treatment planning
- Skin Sensitivity test
- Contra actions
- Treatment advice to provide to the client
- Pre-treatment skin care routine
- Prepare the therapist:
- Prepare the client:
- Area set up
- Cleansing the skin prior to treatment
- Protecting sensitive areas
- Classification of peels
- Actions of acids and alkaline and their concentrations on the skin
- PKA scale
- Type of skin peeling agents & their uses
- Selection of product
- Selection of skin peeling agents
- Treatment technique
- Reasons for re-application
- Influential factors on application timings
- Restoring the Ph level of the skin
- Chemicals that do and do not require neutralisation
- Adaptations to treatment
- Areas to avoid
- Use and limitations of skin peeling products and equipment
- Possible effects and benefits
- Effects and risks associated with the treatment
- Contra action
- Pre and post treatments
- Tyrosine inhibitors
- SPF and UVA sun protector
- Prevent infection & promote healing
- Treatment progression and additional/complementary treatments recommendations
Unit 3: Know the relevant anatomy, physiology & pathologies relevant to skin
Unit 4: Be able to consult, plan and prepare for cosmetic skin peeling treatment
- Consultation techniques to determine clients treatment plan
- Analyse client expectations
- Identify the client’s medical history, indications for and aims of treatment
- Recognise contraindications
- Establish the condition of the skin
- Benefits & limitations of treatments and products considered to delay ageing process
- Ensure client comfort
- Explain Treatment procedure
- Select a preparatory skin care programme
- Finalise and agree the treatment plan
- Obtain signed, informed consent
- Take pre-treatment photographs
- Explain cooling off period
Unit 5:Be able to provide cosmetic skin peeling treatments
- Maintain own responsibilities for health and safety through the treatment
- Prepare and protect the client and self
- Maintain client’s modesty and privacy at all times
- Position the client
- Ensure the use of clean equipment and materials
- Promote environmental and sustainable working practices
- Safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Calculate the duration and intensity of the application
- Apply post-treatment products
- Provide post care advice and homecare
The Level 4 Skin Peeling Course is over 12 weeks. Each unit will require a lot of self study from home. Whilst attending the training centre you will carry out the required case studies for each unit
Advanced Skin Course– Is carried out onsite for 3 days.
Chemical Peel (NVQ-Level 4)- Is carried out onsite for 3 days. Treated a minimum of 3 areas and a minimum of 3 Skin conditions
We aim to give the highest standard of training, if you feel you need more time or more practical training you can join more practical classes free of charge.
After completing you course you will need to come back to demonstrate your abilities in front of an ITEC examiner and complete an exam.
Much of the qualification is completed as home-study, making this an ideal route for those who wish to study flexibly around other commitments. The practical training days required for the course will run from 10am – 4pm, although we ask students to arrive at 9.45am to ensure a prompt start. You will learn the theory of the treatment firstly, and spend the majority of the training days acquiring and demonstrating your practical skills, with a short break for lunch.
All courses are run as small groups (4/5 people) which allows plenty of opportunity to ask questions or seek further support if required. This also ensures that over the few days, you will have lots of models to practice on.
All of our tutors specialise in Aesthetics and have worked in the industry for years. Our college curriculum is based around moving into advanced skin treatments not just learning beauty facials.
All centres have the very latest equipment and products required to adhere to industry standards. We also have an on-going Support Team and a Facebook group available to answer any query you may have regarding your training with us.
Our training is completely independent of all suppliers, we won’t give you sales pitch or a spiel. We will tell you the truth and the difference between all these machines.
We aim to give the highest standard of training, if you feel you need more time or more practical training you can join more practical classes free of charge. We also provide follow up support, so if you do have any questions or are unsure of anything, we are there to help. We provide a student area on our website. This will give you, consultation forms, consent forms, suppliers details, marketing material and anything else you need to provide treatments.
For any of our level 4 courses you need to have minimum Level 3 facial electrics or equivalent and our advanced skin course. Our Beginner courses are suitable for complete beginners and do not require any prior learning to be able to train with us, if you do not have previous qualifications you can complete one of our beginners courses.We welcome students of all abilities, whether you are looking to learn a new skill from scratch or currently working as a therapist and looking to refresh your knowledge of particular treatments.
Skin Peel Kit: Start treating clients straight away. The Skin Peel kit to cover treating 10 clients £500 + VAT