This Level 4 Skin Needling Course covers dermapen and microneedling rollers. This course is perfect if you want to introduce micro needling, derma rollers or dermapen into your clinic or add another qualification onto your c.v.
The Level 4 Skin needling course also covers both rollers and stamp method. So you get to see the benefits of both treatments.
Unit 1: Know safety considerations when providing skin needling treatments
- Safety of product and equipment sourcing
- Insurance guidelines
- Hygiene considerations
- Infection control
- Products to be used during treatment
- Hazards & Risks, Suppliers instructions for safe use
- Treatment of minors
- Timing of treatments
- Referring contra-indicated clients
- When to consult with other aesthetic therapists
Unit 2: Be able to prepare for Level 4 Certificate Skin Needling,
- Prepare the therapist
- Prepare the client:
- Area set up
- Cleansing the skin prior to treatment
- Types and purpose of cosmetic skin needling products
- Preparation of work area
- Selection of products and device
- Treatment technique
- Adapting the treatment
- Treatment areas to avoid
- Use and limitations of cosmetic skin needling products and
- Possible effects and benefits
- Effects and risks
- Pre and post treatments
- Tyrosine inhibitors
- SPF and UVA sun protector
- Prevent infection & promote healing
- Treatment progression and additional/complementary treatments recommendations
Unit 3: Know the relevant anatomy, physiology & pathologies relevant to skin needling
Unit 4: Be able to consult, plan and prepare for cosmetic skin needling treatment
- Consultation techniques to determine clients treatment plan
- Analyse client expectations
- Identify the client’s medical history, indications for and aims of treatment
- Recognise contraindications
- Establish the condition of the skin
- Benefits & limitations of treatments and products considered to delay ageing process
- Ensure client comfort
- Explain Treatment procedure
- Select a preparatory skin care programme
- Finalise and agree the treatment plan
- Obtain signed, informed consent
- Take pre-treatment photographs
- Explain cooling off period
Unit 5: Be able to provide cosmetic skin needling treatments
- Prepare and protect the client and self
- Maintain client’s modesty and privacy at all times
- Position the client
- Maintain own posture and working methods
- Ensure environmental conditions are suitable for treatment
- Ensure the use of clean equipment and materials
- Promote environmental and sustainable working practices
- Safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Prepare the skin
- Select appropriate PPE
- Selection of equipment
- Needling size selection
- Apply the cosmetic skin needling treatment
- Work systematically
- Calculate the duration and intensity of the application
- Monitor the skin reaction and client response
- Verbally communicate with the client
- Apply complementary single use formulation
- Apply cooling skin procedures
- Apply post-treatment products
- Take post-treatment photographs
- Provide post care advice and homecare
- Dispose of waste materials to meet legal requirements
- Complete the treatment in a commercially viable time
- Update client records
- Comply with protocols to avoid cross infection
- Provide and manage post-treatment communications and outcomes
The Level 4 Skin Needling Course is over 12 weeks. Each unit will require a lot of self study from home. Whilst attending the training centre you will carry out the required case studies for Level 4 skin needling
Advanced Skin Course– Is carried out onsite for 3 days.
Medical Micro-Needling (NVQ Level 4)- Is carried out onsite for 3 days. Minimum case study required; 2 Treatments on the Face, 2 Treatments on the Body
We aim to give the highest standard of training, if you feel you need more time or more practical training you can join more practical classes free of charge.
After completing you course you will need to come back to demonstrate your abilities in front of an ITEC examiner and complete an exam.
VTCT / ITEC ACCREDITATION
VTCT is a Government approved Awarding Body offering National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) and other vocationally related qualifications (VRQs). VTCT has been in existence for over forty years and has been at the forefront of developing the vocational system of qualifications in the United Kingdom.
After completing the course, you will receive qualifications, recognised across the world that are fully Insurable
We also provide follow up support, so if you do have any questions or are unsure of anything, we are there to help. We provide a student area on our website. This will give you, consultation forms, consent forms, suppliers details, marketing material and anything else you need to provide treatments.
Much of the qualification is completed as home-study, making this an ideal route for those who wish to study flexibly around other commitments. The practical training days required for the course will run from 10am – 4pm, although we ask students to arrive at 9.45am to ensure a prompt start. You will learn the theory of the treatment firstly, and spend the majority of the training days acquiring and demonstrating your practical skills, with a short break for lunch.
All courses are run as small groups (4/5 people) which allows plenty of opportunity to ask questions or seek further support if required. This also ensures that over the few days, you will have lots of models to practice on.
All of our tutors specialise in Aesthetics and have worked in the industry for years. Our college curriculum is based around moving into advanced skin treatments not just learning beauty facials.
All centres have the very latest equipment and products required to adhere to industry standards. We also have an on-going Support Team and a Facebook group available to answer any query you may have regarding your training with us.
Our training is completely independent of all suppliers, we won’t give you sales pitch or a spiel. We will tell you the truth and the difference between all these machines.
We aim to give the highest standard of training, if you feel you need more time or more practical training you can join more practical classes free of charge. We also provide follow up support, so if you do have any questions or are unsure of anything, we are there to help. We provide a student area on our website. This will give you, consultation forms, consent forms, suppliers details, marketing material and anything else you need to provide treatments.
For any of our level 4 courses you need to have minimum Level 3 facial electrics or equivalent and our advanced skin course. Our Beginner courses are suitable for complete beginners and do not require any prior learning to be able to train with us, if you do not have previous qualifications you can complete one of our beginners courses.We welcome students of all abilities, whether you are looking to learn a new skill from scratch or currently working as a therapist and looking to refresh your knowledge of particular treatments.
Students will require a good command of spoken and written English to complete the VTCT qualification.
What is included?
We do provide study materials to assist you in completion of your written coursework & in preparation for your assessments. Students will require products/tools at home and to arrange models to complete their coursework/assessments. All products and tools are provided for the training days at the centre when you attend. No kit is required to complete the training days, nor included in the course fee. Tea & coffee are provided on the training days.
Once you have completed all training and coursework, you will arrange to attend a multiple choice written assessment day and practical assessment days to achieve your VTCT qualification.
When you have successfully completed the Level 4 course, you will receive a diploma certificate issued by us. This not only demonstrates your commitment to the training, but also allows you to obtain Public Liability insurance so you can start offering treatments to paying clients from home or mobile.
Once you have completed your assessment days you will also receive your VTCT qualification certificate (this can take up to 12 weeks to be released from the awarding body VTCT).
All of our diploma courses enable you to work from both home and mobile offering the specialised treatment(s) that you have completed. You can start earning by offering treatments to paying clients as soon as you have obtained your insurance. Radio Frequency treatments are hugely in demand to improve the condition of the skin and minimise the effects of aging. This course will enable you to begin earning well within this lucrative treatment area.
We also offer a course on Setting up a Skin Clinic to help you create your own business
Level 4 Skin Needling Course
Course Fee: £1250 + VAT (£950+ VAT, experienced therapists)
Entry Requirements: Level 3 Facial electrics and advanced skin course students must possess a good level of English
Entry Requirements: Level 3 qualifications and our advanced skin course are required and students must possess a good level of English
Skin Needling Kit: Take home FDA approved skin needling device and start treating clients straight away. Skin Needling kit to cover treating 10 clients £1100 + VAT