Radiofrequency is a popular ‘red carpet treatment’, tightening and toning the skin of the body and face and reducing fat and cellulite, with little-to-no downtime or discomfort. We love seeing people’s confidence and appearance dramatically improve after a course of radiofrequency, and it makes a fantastic addition to your clinic.
Our Level 4 Radiofrequency Course gives you a thorough educational grounding in the science behind the treatment, before a thorough training in the protocol, procedure and health & safety. We look at:
– Provide safe & effective treatments for your customers.
– Develop your understanding and practical skills.
– Provide a thorough consultation to establish client suitability.
– Tailor the correct course of action for optimal results.
– Provide the client with the relevant after-care to maximise results post-treatment.
Here is an overview of the course structure with Level 4 Radio Frequency:
Unit 1: Know safety considerations when providing radio frequency treatments
- Safety of product and equipment sourcing
- Insurance guidelines
- Hygiene considerations
- Infection control
- Products to be used during treatment
- Suppliers instructions for safe use
- Treatment of minors
- Timing of treatments
- Referring contra-indicated clients
- When to consult with other aesthetic therapists
Unit 2: Understand how to provide radio frequency treatments
- Advanced Consultation techniques to identify treatment objectives:
- Treatment advice to provide to the client
- Treatment planning
- Skin Sensitivity test
- Contra actions
- Treatment advice to provide to the client
- Pre-treatment skin care routine
- Prepare the therapist
- Prepare the client
- Area set up
- Radiofrequency current
- Preparation of equipment and products for treatment
- Selection of radio frequency equipment
- Method of application
- Adapting treatment
- Areas to avoid
- Use and limitations of skin peeling products and equipment
- Possible side effects risks and benefits
- Contra action, pre and post treatments
- Pre and post treatment products, SPF and UVA sun protector
- Treatment progression and additional/complementary treatment
Unit 3: Know the relevant anatomy, physiology & pathology’s relevant to radio frequency
Unit 4: Be able to consult, plan and prepare for radio frequency treatment
- Consultation techniques to determine clients treatment plan
- Analyse client expectations
- Identify the client’s medical history, indications for and aims of treatment
- Recognise contraindications
- Establish the condition of the skin
- Benefits & limitations of treatments and products considered to delay ageing process
- Ensure client comfort
- Explain Treatment procedure
- Select a preparatory skin care programme
- Finalise and agree the treatment plan
- Obtain signed, informed consent
- Take pre-treatment photographs
- Explain cooling off period
Unit 5: Be able to provide radio frequency treatments
- Maintain own responsibilities for health and safety through the treatment
- Prepare and protect the client and self
- Maintain client’s modesty and privacy at all times
- Position the client
- Ensure the use of clean equipment and materials
- Promote environmental and sustainable working practice
- Prepare the skin –
- Select appropriate PPE
- Apply the radio frequency treatment
- Calculate the duration and intensity of the application
- Monitor the skin reaction and client response –
- Verbally communicate with the client –
- Apply cooling skin procedures –
- Apply post-treatment products –
- Take post-treatment photographs-
- Provide post care advice and homecare
- Complete the treatment in a commercially viable time
- Update client records
- Comply with protocols to avoid cross infection
- Provide and manage post-treatment communications and outcomes
DURATION & DATE
Level 4 Radio Frequency is a 12-week course.
Each unit requires a considerable amount of independent study from home, which our students prefer as they can integrate it into their own unique schedules. Though everyone varies, we recommend that the online learning at home component will consist of 50-60 hours. We provide manuals and videos to assist this, and we are always available via email and dedicated Facebook groups.
Each unit requires a certain number of case studies (different skin concerns, skin types etc). Whilst attending the training centre, you will perform these under our supervision. All of our lecturers have years of experience in working with advanced aesthetic treatments, so we have the practical experience to back up the training. As with all Skin Philosophy Training courses, if you need extra practical days, we will add more for you according to your needs and experience.
Our training days run from 10am to 4pm (arrival is at 9:45, to allow a prompt start), with a short break for lunch. You need to complete 3 practical days training
We aim to give the highest standard of training, but if you feel you need more time or more practical training you can join future practical classes free of charge.
After completing your course, you will need to return in order to demonstrate your abilities in front of an ITEC examiner and complete an exam.
Aside from your practical training, much of the qualification comprises of home study, making this an ideal route for those who wish to study flexibly around other commitments. This allows you to familiarise yourself fully with the theory, allowing you to focus fully on acquiring and demonstrating your practical skills at our training days.
Our training days run from 10am to 4pm (arrival is at 9:45, to allow a prompt start), with a short break for lunch.