The ‘Beginner Course to become a Level 4 Aesthetic Practitioner’ course will bring you to the very highest qualifications available in Advanced Skin Treatments. Suitable for complete beginners, it is ideal for anyone looking to work in the beauty industry and specialise in aesthetic skin treatments, treating a range of skin conditions. Skin Philosophy Training pride ourselves on the breadth of our knowledge and experience; we see our graduates performing treatments skilfully, whilst understanding the complex scientific theory behind what they are offering to their clients.
Designed to give you all the qualifications you need to perform a range of aesthetic skin and body treatments, students leave with the confidence to work straight away or set up their own clinic.
The course covers:
– NVQ Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology: Assessed in a multiple-choice exam, this offers you a standalone qualification that you can use for other qualifications.
At Skin Philosophy Training, we pride ourselves on looking at the anatomy and physiology of the hair and skin in great depth, so that our students really understand the science behind the treatment they will be providing.
– NVQ Level 2 Facial Skincare: There are many courses for facials level 2 out there, but ours stands out as not only does it give you a thorough education in the biology of the skin, we are able to provide extensive practice at our training days.
– NVQ Level 3 Facial Elecrics: This VTCT Certificate Level 3 Facial Electrics course gives students a thorough grounding in the theory and the practical skills required to provide Facial Electrics Treatments. A facial electric treatment can postpone early signs of ageing, improve the appearance of the skin and erase minor sun damage, scarring and pigmentation; treatments you will need to know if you are starting out as a skincare specialist.
NVQ Level 4 in Laser and Light Hair Removal & Skin Rejuvenation: Skin Philosophy Training was initially set up by Annalouise Kenny to introduce a higher standard of practise in the field of lasers. Until this point, many therapists only received one or two training days held by the manufacturers of machines, resulting in an unreliable mixture of abilities.
However, we have seen a sharp increase in insurance companies and local boroughs asking for Level 4 Laser & IPL qualifications, and there is new legislation on the horizon. This means that it’s now more important than ever that you complete the Level 4 laser course.
The NVQ Level 4 Laser Course trains technicians to the highest possible standards, using the latest most effect laser equipment in treating hair removal and skin rejuvenation.
– Advanced Skin Analysis: Effective treatments start with a comprehensive analysis of the skin, as well as picking up on other cues during the consultation. We guide our students through:
– Appropriate consultation techniques
– Recommended use of homecare products
– Effective retail techniques
– NVQ Level 4 Chemical Peel: Skin Philosophy Training pride ourselves on our Skin Peel course, because although this is are a very popular treatment and widely offered at many clinics, chemical peeling is a complex skill with considerable risk to the client’s skin.
Most peeling courses are manufacturer or distributor led and involve little, if any, training into the science behind the treatments, the peeling agents being used, the action of the peel within the skin or the variants of client adaptation. This is why we ensure students study and practise peels in-depth.
NVQ Level 4 Medical Microneedlng: This course looks at microneedling, derma rollers or dermapen into your clinic. Skin needling is fast growing in popularity, and for good reason: it is a highly effective anti-ageing treatment that targets fine lines, acne scars and pigmentation.
NVQ Level 4 Radio Frequency: Radiofrequency is a popular ‘red carpet treatment’, tightening and toning the skin of the body and face and reducing fat and cellulite, with little-to-no downtime or discomfort. We see people’s confidence and appearance dramatically improved after a course of radiofrequency, and it makes a fantastic addition to your clinic.
Our Level 4 Radiofrequency Course gives you a thorough educational grounding in the science behind the treatment, before a thorough training in the protocol, procedure and health & safety. We look at:
– Provide safe & effective treatments for your customers.
– Develop your understanding and practical skills.
– Provide a thorough consultation to establish client suitability.
– Tailor the correct course of action for optimal results.
– Provide the client with the relevant after-care to maximise results post-treatment.
The plasma pen is an effective, non-invasive option for those looking to lift areas such as the delicate eye area. Having performed this on many clients, we show our students how to safely and effectively utilise this technology and offer your clientele effective, anti-ageing treatments.
When you have successfully completed the course, you will receive a diploma certificate issued by us. This not only demonstrates your commitment to the training, but also allows you to obtain Public Liability insurance so you can start offering treatments to paying clients from home or mobile.
Once you have completed your assessment days you will also receive your VTCT qualification certificate (this can take up to 12 weeks to be released from the awarding body VTCT).
All of our diploma courses enable you to work from both home and mobile offering the specialised treatment(s) that you have completed. You can start earning by offering treatments to paying clients as soon as you have obtained your insurance.
Facial treatments are hugely in demand to improve the condition of the skin and minimise the effects of aging. This course will enable you to begin earning well within this lucrative treatment area.
We also offer a course on Setting up a Skin Clinic to help you create your own business
All courses are run as small groups (4/5 people) which allows plenty of opportunity to ask questions or seek further support if required. This also ensures that over the few days, you will have lots of models to practice on.
All of our tutors specialise in Aesthetics and have worked in the industry for years. Our college curriculum is based around moving into advanced skin treatments not just learning beauty facials.
All centres have the very latest equipment and products required to adhere to industry standards. We also have an on-going Support Team and a Facebook group available to answer any query you may have regarding your training with us.
Our diploma courses are suitable for complete beginners and do not require any prior learning to be able to train with us; many of our students are not beauty trained and are looking to start up a business in the industry. We welcome students of all abilities, whether you are looking to learn a new skill from scratch or currently working as a therapist and looking to refresh your knowledge of particular treatments.
Students will require a good command of spoken and written English to complete the VTCT qualification.
We do provide study materials to assist you in completion of your written coursework & in preparation for your assessments.
All products and tools are provided for the training days at the centre when you attend. No kit is required to complete the training days, nor included in the course fee. Tea & coffee are provided on the training days.
VTCT / ITEC Certification
VTCT is a Government approved Awarding Body offering National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) and other vocationally related qualifications (VRQs). VTCT has been in existence for over forty years and has been at the forefront of developing the vocational system of qualifications in the United Kingdom.
After completing the course, you will receive qualifications, recognised across the world that are fully Insurable
Our training is completely independent of all suppliers, we won’t give you sales pitch or a spiel. We will tell you the truth and the difference between all these machines.
Become A Level 4 Aesthetic Practitioner Cost
The price of the full Become a Level 4 Aesthetic Practitioner is £8,000+VAT. If you wish you can break up this payment over 6 months with 20% deposit payable to secure your booking. Certificates will not be issued until we have received full payment.
If you do decide to pay up front, we can reduce this cost to £7500+ VAT
Course Duration: 4-5 months with online study and practical training